Last updated February 15, 2012
This Privacy Statement has been created because we value our users and recognise their right to keep personal information private. This statement discloses our information gathering and dissemination practices for all sites managed by SchoolJobs.
By clicking ‘Register’ during registration, by purchasing a subscription or by using this site and submitting your personal information to the website or by email, you consent to our processing of your personal data in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
Scope of this policy
SchoolJobs may contain links to other web sites over which we have no control. SchoolJobs is not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of other web sites to which you choose to link from this site. We strongly encourage you to review the privacy policies of those other web sites so you can understand how they may collect, use and share your information.
Information about your visits to our sites
We collect personal information from visitors to this website through the use of on-line forms and every time you e-mail us your details. We also collect information about the transactions you undertake including details of payment methods used.
We automatically gather information about your visits to our sites. This includes demographic data and browsing patterns, but it is only collected in aggregate form - no individual user is identified. This is used to build up marketing profiles, to aid strategic development, to manage our relationship with advertisers and to audit usage of the site.
You can configure your browser to accept all cookies, reject all cookies, or notify you when a cookie is set. (Each browser is different, so check the ‘Help’ menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences.) If you reject all cookies, you will not be able to use products or services that require you to ‘sign in’ and you may not be able to take full advantage of all offerings.
Use of personal information
Contact and other details you supply as part of the registration process will be used by us to authenticate your identity, deal with your inquiries and requests and to provide you with our services (including to process your orders and administer your account).
We may also use your personal information to personalise aspects of our services, to carry out market research surveys, to contact you about opportunities that we believe may be relevant to you and to provide you with updates about developments on the sites and information about the products and services we offer. Information may also be used and disclosed in aggregate (so that no individuals are identified) for marketing and strategic development purposes, for example to identify employment trends across different industries. It is your responsibility to ensure that any information submitted as part of the registration process, to your user account or as part of an application to a job posting is accurate and up to date, particularly if you are actively looking for a job.
If you have elected to receive information about our products or services or the products or services offered jointly with or on behalf of other organisations and/or ‘job alerts’ from us via email and would like at any time to unsubscribe from this service, please email us at as firstname.lastname@example.org [or click on the ‘unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of an email].
You should be aware that some of the services offered are hosted by us on behalf of those recruiting institutions that have signed-up to process job vacancies and applications via the Service. In order to provide these Services we will share your personal information with such institutions. We do not verify the identity or the nature of the business of such organisations and we are not in any way responsible for any use or misuse of your personal data by those institutions. To the extent you have any concerns about an institution's handling of your personal data you should get in touch with that institution.
We will not disclose any information we keep about you to any third parties, except for other companies owned by us, where you have agreed to the sharing of data, and/or any suppliers we engage to provide services which involve processing data on our behalf.
Content posted by you
If you make your personal data available to friends, colleagues and/or any wider SchoolJobs service such on a forum, then it will be shared within the relevant community. Also, if you post any personal information to any of our forums, this information will immediately be made available to other users throughout the world who may use it to send you unsolicited communications. In some circumstances we may display pseudonyms that identify you as a user but not your actual personal information (your username for example) when you post material to the website to allow users to identify each other.
If you post any content in breach of our website conditions of use we may inform any relevant third parties such as your employer, school email/Internet provider and law enforcement agencies about the content and your behaviour.
Third Party Privacy Policies
Third Party Data Processors
In order to deliver our services, we will need to process and store your personal information and may need to transfer it to the relevant partners for processing both inside and outside Australia. These third parties simply process data on behalf of SchoolJobs and have no right to use, disclose or transfer your personal data in any other way. By submitting your personal information, you consent to such processing and transfers in connection with your use of our services.
Changes to the Privacy Statement
Legal and Contact Information
SchoolJobs may be contacted at:
PO Box 6238
Chapel St North
PO Box 6238
Chapel St North
You have a right to access the personal data held about you. To obtain a copy of the personal information we hold about you, please write to us at the above address.
We will use all reasonable efforts to answer any questions or resolve any concerns regarding your privacy promptly.
Terms of business
Advertisers on the SchoolJobs website agree to be bound by the following Terms of business. Once you agree to the terms and Conditions, they are binding on you.
- Prices set by SchoolJobs (ABN 76 083 543 863) may vary without notice.
- All amounts owing to SchoolJobs must be paid within 14 days of receipt of invoice.
- Goods and Services Tax (GST) is applicable to all advertisers, including advertisers from outside Australia.
- Advertisers must pay the invoice amount in full, notwithstanding any errors or omissions.
- SchoolJobs may charge Advertisers interest on late payment at the rate of 12.5% per annum and reserves the right to recoup any collection costs incurred from the Advertiser. SchoolJobs also reserves the right to disable Advertiser’s account with SchoolJobs without notice and refuse to supply further services to Advertiser’s organisation if SchoolJobs’s invoice is not paid within SchoolJobs’s required trading terms.
- All payments made by American Express and Diners Club credit cards are subject to a surcharge. The surcharge of American Express: 3.02% (including GST) and Diners Club: 2.46% (including GST) will be added to your payment amount. The surcharge amount is calculated on your payment and is equivalent to the amount charged to SchoolJobs by each institution.
- Where SchoolJobs has not been paid in accordance with its invoice terms, SchoolJobs reserves the right to refer the unpaid invoice(s) to a Collection Agency. Additional charges, including liquidated damages, will apply where SchoolJobs refers any unpaid invoice(s) to a Collection Agency.
- The advertiser indemnifies SchoolJobs against all claims, actions, suits, liabilities, costs and expenses incurred as a result of the listing or intended listing by the advertiser.
- SchoolJobs accepts no responsibility or liability for any errors and requests the advertiser check their advertisement for errors as soon as it has been listed on the SchoolJobs site.
- SchoolJobs is not liable for any loss or damage incurred by an advertiser as a result of any failure or delay in listing an advertisement.
- All advertisers must adhere to the principles of truth in advertising Codes of Practice.
- SchoolJobs reserve the right to either reject or remove any advertisement from it site for any reason whatsoever.
- Advertisers must ensure that all advertisements posted to the SchoolJobs site comply with all applicable legislation, regulations, by-laws, ordinances or codes of conduct, including but not limited to the Trade Practices Act 1974 (Commonwealth), the Fair Trading Acts in all applicable States and Territories and the Human Rights and Equal opportunity Commission Act 1986.
- Advertisers agree to indemnify SchoolJobs, its officers, employees and agents against all claims, actions, suits, liabilities, costs and expenses incurred on any account by SchoolJobs as a result of the listing or proposed listing of any advertisement by an advertiser on the SchoolJobs site.
- SchoolJobs provides no warranty to Advertisers that services generally available through the SchoolJobs site will be uninterrupted or error free. SchoolJobs agrees to use its reasonable endeavours to ensure that any disruptions to or a denial of access to the SchoolJobs site will be remedied as quickly as possible.
- Advertisers understand and agree that the following actions constitute a new/additional job advertisement under these terms and conditions: reposting an archived or deleted job ad; extending a job ad beyond 30 days (known as "renewing" and this can occur on multiple occasions); and refreshing any job posting.
- Advertisers agree that pursuant to Sections 18K(1)(b) and 18N(1)(b) of the Privacy Act 1988, SchoolJobs may, for the purposes of assessing an Advertiser’s commercial credit application, obtain from either a credit reporting agency or other credit providers, personal credit information about the Advertiser and/or its directors.
- Advertisers agree that pursuant to Section 18K(1)(h) of the Privacy Act 1988, SchoolJobs may obtain a consumer credit report about the Advertiser from a credit reporting agency for the purposes of collecting overdue payments relating to commercial credit owed by the Advertiser.
- Advertisers agree to comply with section 53B of the Trade Practices Act 1974 (Commonwealth) which requires that Advertisers that are companies not mislead persons seeking employment as to the availability, nature, terms or conditions or, any other matter relating to the employment opportunity being offered.
- This agreement is governed by the laws of Victoria. Advertisers irrevocably and unconditionally submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of Victoria, and waive any objection to legal action being brought in those Courts on the grounds of venue or inconvenient forum.
- In the event a duplicate payment is made and a refund requested, SchoolJobs reserves the right to deduct a $10 administration fee.
Phone: 1300 893 093
Facsimile: 03 9827 5073
Phone: 1300 893 093
Facsimile: 03 9827 5073